I wanted to reach out with a couple of notes. First, I invite you all to our welcome back drop-in event this Thursday, August 30th, from 9:30-10:30. It's a great opportunity for the kids to reconnect and alleviate any back-to-school anxieties, as well as drop off their supplies. Please note that we have switched classrooms and are now in Room 302 (formerly Mrs. Colfer's room).
Second, I'd like to update our supply list. We received new desks over the summer which, while shiny and beautiful, are more limited in storage space than our desks last year. Because of this, there are some tweaks to our supply list. I am sorry to do this to those of you who have already purchased supplies! Also, we will have a communal supply system, meaning that most of the students' supplies will be shared over the course of the year. Each table group will have a caddy of supplies to use which will be replenished as the year goes on.
Here is the updated supply list. I have separated it into personal supplies (the student will use what he or she brings in) and communal supplies.
Personal supplies:
- 1 sturdy 3-prong pocket folder (for homework)
- 1 set of binder dividers with subject tabs
- 1 three-ring white binder- 1" with pockets inside
Communal supplies:
- 3 highlighters- different colors
- 1 package washable markers- fine point
- 1 dozen #2 Ticonderoga pencils
- 2 large glue sticks
- 1 package colored pencils
- 1 pair scissors
- 2 thin black flair markers (no sharpies please!)
- 1 package lined sticky notes
- 1 box eraser tops
You do NOT need to purchase: plastic pencil box (no room!) or a 12" ruler
Optional supplies: 1 black and white composition book (we have many left over from last year)
I apologize for not getting this updated list to you sooner. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Lastly, I am in the process of updating this blog. Please check it out for news and announcements as we make our way into the school year!
I look forward to seeing you and your children on Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment